Thread: DAL Poolie Info
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 03:40 AM
Justdoinmyjob
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Twister View Post
So would you say the same thing for a guy headed to the 737?

I've been told that sucker is super loud and good headsets are a must. Last thing I want as an all-mil guy is to make my cluelessness worse by not being able to understand a fricking thing the crew says on my observation rides or when I climb into the seat....
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
The 737 is loud. I flew it for 2 years and used the ship sets and ear plugs. Worked fine, but if I got back to it, I'll probably buy a nice headset.

I'd say as a new guy, it won't hurt to have one, but you can certainly get by without. Depends if you want to shell out the $$$
MoonShot is right. It is loud. But, I think the idea is still sound. No need to rush out and dump a bunch of money on an expensive item you'll have for a long time, without doing some leg work. Case in point, I'd like to get a Clarity, but can't see dumping my Telex 750s since they are still working. I've been using them since 1997. They've worked well on everything I've flown. I guess when they finally go, I'll have to make a move, but since I only have 14 years left, maybe I can just string it out.