View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 05:07 AM
cr700
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Ahhh, now I see the problem. You confuse propaganda with facts.

What do you do for Envoy airlines? Training department? Chief pilot office? Anything other than a line pilot?

How well do you know Kenji Hashimoto? Golf buddies? The links below are 2 years old, but I'm sure you can provide some newer links. For facts, you know, not just your personal opinion.

American Airlines says it won?t merge regional carriers | The Star-Telegram MAY 20, 2014
American Airlines has no plans to combine its three regional airline subsidiaries into one even as the Fort Worth-based carrier is looking to other third-party regional operators to fly under the American Eagle brand.

“All three play a very important role in achieving regional feed that is really important for our regional customers,” Kenji Hashimoto, American’s senior vice president of regional carriers, said at an event Tuesday where the airline showed off a new CRJ-900 regional jet that it will receive from Bombardier in June.

American Airlines to transfer at least 50 jets from Envoy Air to other regional carriers | | Dallas Morning News November 21, 2014
American Airlines Group plans to move at least 50 jets from its Envoy Air unit to other regional carriers, saying that it can’t keep enough pilots to fly the airplanes.

In a letter to Envoy employees, senior vice president Kenji Hashimoto said that at least 20 of the 50-seat Embraer 145 jets will go to Piedmont Airlines, another regional carrier owned by AAG. The rest will go to non-owned partners, Trans States Airlines and another carrier to be named later.

PSA Airlines preps for new CRJ-900s as Envoy sings the blues - ch-aviation.com
PSA Airlines preps for new CRJ-900s as Envoy sings the blues
23MAY2014
PSA Airlines (OH, Dayton James M. Cox) will take delivery of its first of thirty CRJ-900s (msn 15317) on June 2 the carrier has announced. The aircraft, ordered direct from Bombardier (BBA, Montréal Trudeau), will be operated on behalf of American Airlines (AA, Dallas/Fort Worth) by PSA Airlines, a wholly-owned subsidiary of US Airways (US, Phoenix Sky Harbor). At the current rate of production, PSA will take delivery of all thirty CRJ-900 aircraft by June 2015.
These articles you are referencing here are ancient. If you can't tell, the landscape has shifted. AAG recognizes the value Envoy provides to the overall operation and it's evident with their actions. We are getting returning 140/145's from the desert and other carriers. We continue to take delivery of brand new 175's. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see some additional 175's in our near future either.

Your negativity and just throwing a bunch of old articles out here isn't going to change the positive things we have going on here at Envoy. We have 28 new hires this month and next month we are projected to get even more. Why do you think this is? If this place is as bad as you say, we wouldn't be able to get even one new hire. They are coming because they want to be AA pilots and have a career at the largest airline in the world. Guess who has the most robust flow to AA? Yep, you guessed it. Envoy. I'm sorry that gets you in a wad but it's a fact.

Envoy still hires selectively. We don't just hire every Tom, Dick and Harry that shows up at our door. Remember, we are hiring an AA pilot. It's not easy to get in and you have to do your homework and have a great background to even be eligible. These are not what I would call "bad quality" candidates.

I do fly the line here some so I know what the vibe is out there and it's not at all what you are painting it to be.