View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 05:24 PM
SimDriver
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
Lots of 30 year olds are making 30K or less at the regionals. 170K? I'd consider myself lucky - which incidentally puts you in the top 5% of income earners in the US. Can you say reserve, Crashpad?
And I'm sure you have an expense account, not a $50 a day per diem. How much is "enough"? It's not just you. It's the pilot mentality. More, more, more, work less, less, less. It's never enough.
You mean I have to work every Tuesday? I just watched 4 guys roof my house in the Texas heat. Now that's real work. The income over 170K at the airlines will probably go towards alimony when your wife sees your new schedule.
I'm being facetious, but it sounds like your schedule is pretty decent now.

My previous airline went out of business. When I was teaching at FSI I never saw a high end flight department go belly up.
Personally, I'm with this guy. There's NO price I can put on time with my kids or a good relationship with my wife. That's a lot of stress over six years that not only you but your family will feel as well. And it's not just financial. That's a lot of missed recitals and softball games, man. I may be a lowly sim instructor, but I made my decision based on a stable job that gets me home every night unless I feel like contract flying. I'd consider very carefully whether it's worth the switch. Just my .02