Thread: ABX Air Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 01:10 PM
Jason605
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: Enjoying the show

So, I'll try this once more and this time I'll copy it in case the internet fails again. It will be shorter this time though as I'm losing my motivation to type on this iPad. Lol

Started off collecting your documents then bring you into the room. There, you will meet 3 individuals from HR and 1 from the flight department. They are all very nice and the whole session starts off with them saying that this process is new to them as well.

The feeling you get is that they are there to get to know you, your personality and your past. What you expect out of the future, etc... There are no tech questions and everything is TMAAT. A lot of TMAAT. I've been flying professionally for over 20 years. Mostly corp/135. I found it difficult to come up with a lot of answers for what they asked simply because I was very close friends with those who I flew with. So no drama. Also the planes I've flown have been all top notch, so no real safety issues to talk about.

I was able to come up with a few, thankfully and feel I answered well. You will get asked, "Why ABX and not a major?". I gave my reason. Not the normal career path choices and no degree were mine. I don't lie.

After getting to know you and your goals they bring you back out to the lobby. You wait there and if choosen to do the sim, they bring you there. You are given the profile to study for a few min before the check airman comes in and basically teaches you what's on the paper they gave you to study.

This sim portion is to see if your trainable and have instrument skills. That's it. I flew the DC8. WOW, that thing is old and does not turn well, but pretty cool non the less. Nothing happens fast in it. You have to sit close to the yolk to see the HSI. Amazing that people flew that thing on a regular basis. It was pretty fun to tell the truth. Like a mans plane!

The profile is Take Off, Steep Turns, Hold, VOR App to a miss to an ILS to land. Your in the right seat and the check airman in the left running the sim as well. Autopilot on twice just for briefing approaches. Everything else was raw data.

I was told I did a great job, sent to pee in a cup and waiting to hear back.