View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by velosnow View Post
As a current regional captain hoping to move on, I wanted to start a thread on realistic take home pay for those aspiring to move on to the legacies & majors. There are of course the calculators and hourly data on this site, but between various nuances of bases/aircraft/staffing/etc, it would be neat to see some real world examples. With everyone's financial situations being different it can be challenging to have a solid idea of what the first year or two will hold.

It's fairly obvious that by year 3 or even 2 the pay is higher for even a hard working left seater at the regional level but I think good data would be great. So for those who have recently made the transition any data would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

If we get some good data I'll update this post with running numbers of min/high/average and such. If it's a bad idea I'll go hide in my corner
1.Bad idea for a few reasons
2. The answers are highly variable
3. There are only about 6 airlines now and probably only 3 you are looking at if money is the issue. Chances are you know someone at each that has been hired in the last year.
4. The pay scales are public information so do the math on guarantee. Take home is impossible without knowing someone's insurance elections and tax withholdings.

This will only end up getting you grey information and a dick measuring contest.