View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 04:19 AM
Captain Nemo
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: A320/321 CA

Originally Posted by velosnow View Post
As a current regional captain hoping to move on, I wanted to start a thread on realistic take home pay for those aspiring to move on to the legacies & majors. There are of course the calculators and hourly data on this site, but between various nuances of bases/aircraft/staffing/etc, it would be neat to see some real world examples. With everyone's financial situations being different it can be challenging to have a solid idea of what the first year or two will hold.

It's fairly obvious that by year 3 or even 2 the pay is higher for even a hard working left seater at the regional level but I think good data would be great. So for those who have recently made the transition any data would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

If we get some good data I'll update this post with running numbers of min/high/average and such. If it's a bad idea I'll go hide in my corner
Why do you need this data? Trying to pick where to go to offset your lavish regional captain lifestyle?

Pick a place where your quality of life will be best. Suck it up for first or maybe 2nd year pay. You will be fine.

Just get out of regional.

Kit Darby is a scumbag POS.