Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 04:06 AM
rvr1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
They are squared away! up to the point where applicants say they don't have training failures on their app and they do, say they have a degree and don't, resume says their objective is to work at Southwest.....I could go on and on......maybe they are holding professionalism to a higher stand which is a great thing. Allowing those that want to be here to succeed and have the chance you want them to and able to work here? My 2 cents.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I really do. I know it's easier to come on these boards and complain. I really do love working here. It's the best job I've ever had and I don't take for granted the opportunity Jetblue gave me. This is a company I have no plans to ever leave and hope I retire from one day.

However, I cannot give the recruiting department the benefit of the doubt on this. so far three different people have gotten a thanks but no thanks from the phone interview. I'd never heard of one person in the past 3 years getting a TBNT from a phone interview. Now if someone is omitting something or saying they want to work at southwest obviously get rid of them. But as one of them has posted that's not the case. If professionalism is the desire of our recruiting department I expect the same from them. Stringing guys along for months in phase 2, with absolutely no communication, just to send a TBNT email or phone call is not professional. Giving guys a TBNT email from a phone interview that asks one question is not professional.

This was my fourth airline interview and I have been hired for a number of different jobs outside aviation and our process is by far the worst. I will say everyone I've personally met involved in the process have been great, HR side and pilot side. I just think the system is flawed.