View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

LOA Option #1 - Go under current CBA, lose FDA bonus.

LOA Option #2 - Gain up to $2700/mo, lose almost entire CBA Sec 6.

What kind of options are those?

The main reason that SFS was palatable under the CBA Sec. 6, was the tax benefit, cost of living and it was somewhat commutable.

To open new FDAs in two of the most expensive cities in the world with the option of 1)taking less than our current CBA, or 2)stripping it completely for a $2700/mo allowance is ludicrous.

Scope? Someone posted "If that is all I will have to endure;(which I will as a bottom 80%er on the bus )to secure the International expansion for the last 23-28 years of my fedex career thats ok with me. I will have a beer or two for you."

Are you kidding me? There is NO language in the LOA or the CBA, for that matter, that secures any international flying for you! If that language was in there...I might have actually voted for it. But, it's not.

This LOA should have been built with Sec 6, as the base starting point. Added allowances for each individual city and offered tax equalization.

"Secure International expansion for your next 23-28 years..." YGTSM! That's the most naive thing I've read yet.

Last edited by Busboy; 08-08-2007 at 09:26 PM.