View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 01:32 PM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by lakehouse View Post
One could argue the more pilots they keep getting the more flying they will keep getting and the more pilots they will get. A revolving door is in eagles history. If the flow works it'll pay off. The have alot of cards left to play still and it will take years for this to play out. They can merge envoy and piedmont short term, they can merge psa long term. They can buy someone. They can push someone into ch 11. They can just bring more flying to mainline. They can increase aa new hire class % to flow and stop any hopes of off the street pushing guys to the wo. They can issue hard seniority numbers. They honestly could give every envoy pilot 50k a year extra. The regional sector is in deep doo doo and trust me envoy isn't the one in danger for some time.
I agree with you on one point. The regional sector is in deep doo doo. That's for sure.

I don't agree that pilots are going to be flocking to Envoy. One, management is too stupid to really fix the problem. Adding more band aids until the wound ruptures and the patient dies is their chosen course of action as proved over and over in the past.

There aren't enough pilots out there in total right now to fill the numbers Envoy needs going forward if this flow is really going to work as advertised. They picked up a few extra with this latest gimmick of bonuses and it appears that they are now all in with Part 91 pilots as well. It's definitely a sign that things are getting desperate in the hunt for cheap labor to staff AA's regional feed. Next month, they might get a few extra with the extension of bonuses to Part 91 guys, but that isn't going to last. By July or August at the latest, the hiring numbers per month will again be in the teens.

Envoy is going to flow out the 824 and at that point you will likely see a "re-adjustment" from the company. The union will work hand in hand with management to bring you this "enhancement" to the flow. For a lesser percentage of the flow with an "at the company's discretion" disclaimer thrown in, you might see some relaxation of the reserve rules, a slight bump in pay and maybe a Miami base and better commutability with the lines.