Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:52 PM
flydaho
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by bmo42 View Post
Seriously considering applying to Boutique, but I'm curious about how the scheduling works and what your days on look like. Just trying to figure out how many adjustments we'll have to make in the family if everything works out.

I saw on Reddit that they typically schedule you 4 on and 3 off? And it seems like overnights are somewhat rare. So what does a typical day look like? How early do you start, and what time are you generally leaving the terminal in the evening? Is there much downtime between flights, or are you flying for most of the day? Are there standby schedules and seniority-based-bidding like in the airlines? Are the days of the week on which you fly consistent from month-to-month, or does it vary quite a bit?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to make sure everyone is on the same page about what to expect should I make it through the process. Thanks for your time and input! Applying for a Denver FO position if that matters at all.
I'm DEN based, so I'll chime in. In Denver we don't have much RES on the f/o side it looks like, so you'll know when/where you're flying a ways ahead. Schedules aren't consistent month to month, unless you have high seniority. Then you can basically choose two days every week to have off and more than not you'll get them(ie Friday and Saturday off every week). Not a true 4 on 3 off either, it bounces around quite a bit. We have CDO's in Den, not sure what's going to happen once McCook opens in June or what will change once the King Air comes on line next month. Lots of big things in the works here. Boutique's been great to work at so far, miles above my last 135 gig. If you have any more questions let me know.