View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:18 PM
freightguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by WhatNow View Post
I asked because I am often surprised at what people's perceptions are verses reality. The actual answer would be our European flying is flat since 2008 and the pacific is up.
I agree. But when compared to the two other major airlines in the US- they expended considerably across the Atlantic and Pacific and their current widebody fleet plans looks very ambitious. But we have publicly stated we will codeshare more and more across the pacific and Atlantic, and that airplanes like B777 does not fit in our plans. But airlines like Air France and Korean has expanded on the back of our codesharing. They don't bring anything smaller than a 330 into our Hubs. In many cases- they are bringing A380s to take our passengers out.

So again, to all the newbies airline shopping: if you want a solid domestic career with some international flying- Delta is a decent airline for right now. You want to fly long haul- go to United or American.

But this is the thing about airline business. You never know what happens down the road. Just 6 months to a year ago- Delta was the place to be. We touted 'great' pilot to management relationship and a fantastic merger. Today, the kumbaya wagon is off the tracks. It came off when the last TA got voted down and it's a good thing.

Last edited by freightguy; 04-30-2016 at 01:28 PM.