View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 AM
dxu1210
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016
Default Flight Medic to Pilot

Looking to make career change. During high school applied to flight school but parents said absolutely not. So I went the medical route and became a medic while earning a B.S. in Physics and Chemistry. Twelve years later, medicine sucks. Time to do what I actually want to do. Luckily I am only thirty so I am probably at a good age to get started.

My goal is working fractional or corporate. NetJets or something similar. My job now I fly medic in the back of a Citation 550. Love the small to midsize jets. Turboprops, especially the PC-12 and King Air, are great with me too.

I plan on doing accelerated training with Double Eagle or AFIT up through my Comm ME and CFI/CFII/MEI. Seem to be a lot of CFI jobs out my way in Pittsburgh area. Instruct for awhile to become a better pilot and build hours. After that, I am not sure which way I will go.

Thats my question (and probably one addressed before):
with Comm MEL and say, TT 1000, ME 500, IFR 100 where does one go to gain the coveted PIC or turbine time? Do you go for a regional to build the time or can you go someplace like Boutique Air to fly SE Turbine or do you fly Ameriflight for ME Turbine PIC?

Sorry for the long post. Nice meeting everyone.