Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Skittles9E , 05-03-2016 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Skittles9E
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2015
Quote: ... He didn't say they will gone in five years, only said that within 5 years they will probably disappear. Which makes sense as they get older and Delta upgauges. This wasn't some grand fleet plan announcement...

"Were low fuel prices a consideration in the decision to update your fleet now?"

E: "No, not at all. We are thinking long term. We are thinking that the premium traveler deserves to have a better quality experience and over time we have been focused, whether it's been on the announcements we made the other day about purchasing the C series and bringing that product to the market, or what we are doing with our international cabin, our Delta one cabin"

"You were in a particularly advantageous position when it came to negotiating with Bombardier. Did you get a good deal?"

Ed: "A great deal. And they got a great deal too"

"Now, was part of the reason to do a deal with Bombardier to preserve a fourth manufacturer in the commercial airline business?"

Ed: "No. I wouldn't say that. It's a benefit that you have, not just preserve a manufacturer, but bring Bombardier into the narrow body sector of our business where we've really only had Airbus and Boeing product considerations. We're thrilled with the fact that we have a third choice now in the small narrow body market as we upgauge the airline. The regional marketplace that they have long served, the 50 seaters, are essentially done. They are not building anymore, that product over the next five years will probably disappear. And the two class product, which gets up to the 76 seat category, is going to continue to, I think shrink, and get to be a smaller part of our fleet for lots of reasons. Fuel prices rising are one of those, the cost of maintaining the smaller planes, there are more revenue opportunities to upgauge, and I think another important factor is it brings flying back to the mainline, back to having Delta people serve those customers. It's about jobs and it's about providing a better revenue offering"
So what's the difference between them being "gone" and "disappearing". Not trying to be an a$$, just genuinely curious.