View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 05:21 PM
hotice
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
No offense but have you been paying attention to the industry at all? 10 years at a regional right now? Not even close. And only two top tier airlines require degrees, and both have previously dropped hat requirement, they will do it again. AMF is not a career job. I would say that you need to raise your standards and confidence because you can do way better for a career.

There are great jobs out there flying private jets. Fractionals like NetJets are pretty good, EMS runs the spectrum but I don't know anyone who would make it a career. 91 corporate flying can be really good or really crappy, and the job security is terrible.

For somebody looking for that first professional job, there is no quicker path to money, QOL, longevity, retirement, and a great career at the majors than through a regional. Lots of BS gets thrown around at places like AMF that gives pilots a false sense of their place in the food chain. Truth is, it's a terrible choice when you can go be a captain of a jet flying 121 in a year or two. Then the world is yours. 70k sounds good now but trust me there are ways to work less and get paid lots more.
I don't know why you are trashing EMS so much. QOL is everything for us. The 4 of us at my base are career EMS. I think the schedule is very hard to beat. Talk about a cake job. It is pretty easy most of the time. I did want to go 121 but the recession of 08 had other plans for me. The QOL has kept me here. Besides, I make 90 to 100K/ year doing this depending on how much OT I want to pick up. Tell me how I will be able to feed my family if I went to the airlines.