Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Grrrr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
No it's not the way it's always been. There are a few small, but important, changes.
Before when you were displaced for your line for whatever reason you would go home and be on lcr. You could call last out, and they would have to call other junior lcr prior to you before calling you 12 hours prior to your assignment.
Now, if they call you to inform you less than 24 hours before the start of your trip, you do have the option to go home pay protected without being lcr. This is a positive change, however, that's not what they do. They call you more than 24 hours in advance and leave part of your trip on you. While you are out on a trip they continue to add to your trip until your original time is up thus creating a whole new 4 day trip worth of reserve flying. What is different is that before, when you finished your regular schedule, you went home and sat lcr and could call last out. Now, last out means nothing because they basically use you before all other reserves. This turns line holders into scr during displacements. I'm not whining, I'm not complaining. I'm simply explaining the subtle difference between how it was last year versus now.
I have been here 2 years and it's been like that the whole time. That didn't change with the LOAs