Gets Weekends Off
DreFlyer
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2012
  • Position
    'Van Driver
Quote: I live in Orlando and I flew with Silver Airways for a year. I left in March. I was MCO based and they do day trips. Great job to be home a lot and I had a blast flying to the islands and around Florida. It's also a great pilot group. Unfortunately you get abused pretty bad from crew scheduling (not their fault). Their running extremely short on pilots because their not doing anything to retain them. There's no flow/interview setup and it's very difficult to go from there to a major. On top of that it's very poor pay. They are in the middle of renegotiating a contract but who knows how long it could take. I left for Endeavor and I'm VERY happy here. All their bases are easily commutable from MCO and the future/pay/growth is fantastic.
Good info! What are the upgrade times at Silver nowadays? I'm housed in MLB so I'll probably be looking at PSA for a quick commute to CLT whenever I get up to ATP mins, if they still have that line by then. MCO is also a good option and I actually flew from there to DFW for my interview with Envoy but like someone else said those flights are always very crowded . . . if they finally open up MIA as a base again then that's another option for having a crashpad not too far from home!