View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Goobacca
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Zackw357 View Post
Talking to many United pilots, there are a lot of good tips out there for getting a better chance of an interview. So far the big ones are, double check and update your app, 5 LORs, get a 4 year degree, and go to the WIA and OBAP job fairs. I figure though some of you on here might be a little closer to the hiring and may have some additional advice that might help.

My situation is that I'm a 2700 hour E175 FO, I was in the Army for 7 years and left as an operations NCOIC. Before getting hired at the regionals, I was a Chief Flight Instructor for a Part 61 school in Alaska. I understand the need for a degree and while I'll be working on it, I'm at the very beginning because of deployments and work trying to get to this point. I may have to wait 4+ years till I have it, but seniority is everything and though I haven't "paid my dues" as much as most RA guys, I'm looking to be that go getter doing everything else I can in the mean time to get noticed. I don't know any management people and don't know many United pilots.

All that said, does anyone have advice on what I can do to stand out. Maybe I should send fruit baskets to all the CPs 😂
Thanks in advance for the advice!
I was in your situation, they called me after I finished my 2 year degree....quiet literally a few weeks after I finished it.