View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 AM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
Been watching this thread. May have missed it... The CEO stated the pilots are "low tier?!?!?"
In fairness for accuracy...here is the exact quote. Clearly stepped on his junk. I dont think he believes the pilots are of a lower quality than other airlines, just that we should be paid lower because our pricing is in a lower tier than legacy carriers. Pure crackhead logic, and im loving the fallout over this.

Analyst asks-"Okay. And as a followup to that, Bob, I know you want to avoid negotiating in public, but the industry wage bar is rising at a pretty rapid clip for aviators and your cost structure obviously is already quite lean. Is it inevitable that the next pilot contract reduces margins? I mean, when I think about the flexibility that some of your competitors have, they can densify, they can make offsetting revisions to profit sharing, they can add back seats, that kind of stuff. I mean you're already doing all of that stuff. So am I missing something?"

And Fornaro says
"No, I think, there are again a couple of differences and like I said, in terms of pricing, there are tiers. You have, again, Frontier and Allegiant well below us and that's our peer group, and you move into another bracket, you have JetBlue slightly above us and then you actually have the legacies, and I think there is a context for all this stuff. And in terms of what we offer, we offer fast growth, our pilots become captains much earlier than their peers."