View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:24 AM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by DraGoon View Post
Hypothetically speaking, you're right, no argument from me on that point. However right now we are not talking hypothetical. In the current market the likelihood of that happening are slim at best. Envoy is not going to park all of their E145's before a new hire is able to gain enough seniority to be furloughed (worst case). With the deliveries on the remaining 40 EJets I think their are about 12 in revenue service now, thats ~280 FO's that will be needed to staff. I think a new hire going into the Ejet right now would be pretty safe.

As for your quitting suggestion, that's a bit of a stretch as well. Not all noobs are as shallow as you think they are. Some of us understand, pecking order, totem poles and seniority. Just because we didn't spend 15+ years at Eagle paying our dues doesn't mean we haven't spent 24+ years paying our dues elsewhere.
Envoy will be sending "20" planes to PDT, but receiving back 30 planes between TSA and Xjet = net gain of 10 planes. We are taking 5 planes out of the desert to get them in service.

Also the guys on the 175 will be stagnant once they fill all the spots. Why? Because new hires will not upgrade for at least 3-4 years. That means every FO on the CRJ and EMJ will have more movement than the 175 guys. Because the 2010/2011 hires (about 300-400 pilots) that are next to upgrade are in the 145 and CRJ.

Also if there's a displacement bid because they decide to open MIA or other base, senior people will be able to proffer to displace. JR guys will be out of their E-175 seat.

I've seen it happening the last displacement bid. Guys that were line holders in the CRJ getting bumped to RSV and JR CRJ guys displaced to the erj. Two months later they started hiring into the CRJ.

Another point is that there will not be furlough, specially when other companies can't staff their planes.