View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Dreamer89
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: Student Pilot ATP Flight School
Default Just getting started

I have been at ATP since March 6Th...So far I like the training I have received. I am sure it all depends on the instructor you get as I am sure there are bad apples. My instructor is very good. He started the program about 2 years ago and has an interview this week with Endeavor Air (I do believe). A lot of the ground school information is self study even though we do have ground school with as much flying as we do there is not enough time to spend on ground school. They have online moduels that you must complete for the ground portion. I feel as long as you put the time in to study and learn the information that you should be fine. This is a very fast pasted program and is not for someone who is lazy or thinks they can slide by.

As for the cost I would not be able to become a pilot without financing it. Not just to go to ATP but even a mom and pop shop. I would rather finance my training and know that is will take me around 6 months to have my CFI's and around 2 years to get a "real" job then spend 10 years trying to pay lesson by lesson. Just my thought I could be wrong.