View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
PaintCan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by kalyx522 View Post
Do gate agents' supervisors have supervisors themselves? How would I go about finding out who their supervisor is and how to contact them? Specifically, at Comair.
I had one of those horrible days yesterday... she practically yelled at me in front of a boarding area full of pax and she had no reason to humiliate a fellow airline employee like that - I had been polite, soft spoken and professional to her the entire time. I just walked away because I didn't want to make a scene (even though she already started the scene) and I was in my uniform. It was so humiliating and angering that being of the female species I almost cried. Looking back I wish I had been more assertive in telling her to stop yelling at me because it was completely unwarranted.. but at the moment I was in kind of a shock at what was happening.
I was just going to forget about it... after all I'm not even a paying customer, do I even any right to complain about such treatment? But my roommate (who saw me sulking in my room after I came back to my crashpad because I couldn't catch the ride home) mentioned a good point... this is a reciprocral agreement... someday one of their employees may need a ride from my company... just because none of us are actually paying for the ride doesn't mean we shouldn't be treating each other with common courtesy. The problem isn't with crew members.. from personal experience pilots and FAs are usually really nice to each other.. it's the power tripping TSA and gate agents and their supervisors.

Write down date, time, flt number, the agent, airport and any witnesses and go to your ALPA rep. Document everything. Then go to your CPO office.

Were you working the flight or nonreving?