View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by Learjet84 View Post
If you were going to change regionals I would look at the following...
1. Flow. Yeah we get it flow may or may not work... we've beat that to death. But wouldnt going to a regional with the chance that flow does work be better than going to one without that option if you're going to be doing the same thing at both regionals anyways?

2. Upgrade time. Being a captain isnt important but the money that comes with it sure is!

3. Quality of life. Chose a regional thats growing like crazy, little reserve time, close to where you want to live.

My top 3 choices would be
1.Piedmont - Fastest flow out of all 3 american regionals, most growth, quick ca upgrade... as soon as you have the time. contract allows for TONS of money above that horrible hourly rate.
2.Compass - all those guys and gals seem really happy. quick upgrade and west coast being junior is really nice. Delta backed so probably will be around a long time. Upgrade is getting longer there so I'd go quick.
3.Commut Air - interview with united could be good but tons of growth in the mean time. Ca upgrade will be coming down. Small family feel airline so youd get to know your fellow crewmembers. People that go there seem to love it!

Places I'd avoid.
1. Skywest. Long upgrade, no contract for protection. (Though their size is appealing for safety)
2. Envoy. That seems like a mess with old flow and new flow and longest flow time with the new american deal. ca upgrade is way too long. pilots seem bitter.
3. Endeavor. Really? That signing bonus? And the pilots dont realize how badly they're getting worked over by management. Besides, anyone who does math will realize you can basically make what you're making at Endeavor by going to Piedmont, Compass, or maaaybe Comut Air... Hence why they're my top three.

That signing bonus is not paid just first year... The second year it is paid again, and the third. After that, it's up for renegotiation, true.. but prior to that it's part of the pay. How are we getting worked over any worse than any other regional with a contract that has seen numerous improvements. We now have 100% DH pay, Hotels in base for commuters if an overnight cancels, positive space from home to training (not from base), positive space to home airport instead of base if it's the last leg of a trip (this one I believe has some restrictions but I live in base so I don't use it), if you care to go to Delta you get a guaranteed interview (granted it's been a coin flip for guys but A.K. is going to either retire or die some day...) Plenty of other things but you get the idea....
Now granted the down side is you will spend your reserve time sitting reserve not just for Endeavor but the entire Delta system (largely GoJet and ExpressJet, but everyone else, even mainline occasionally) though for new hires, that time is short.