View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 07:09 AM
highflyer1980
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Another demonstration of ebb and flow and many pilots simply don't understand the past. Never pass up seniority when it is offered if it is somewhere you WANT to be..

I agree with this statement. I've noticed more "where should I go?" threads have popped up again. More about asking of making lateral moves. In my experience the key to a better success in the regional world is that quote. I started in Mesa then had enough and moved to Eagle. Even though the seniority lost during that transition was substantial, I still believe it was a smart move. Contract was a great IMPROVEMENT. (2007)

Today? I really don't know. I have lost touch with any Mesa buddies. But this is great advice for any prospective pilot. I do slightly sympathize with the "waiters" because I also did my time in turboprops. That was one of my key reasons why I left Mesa as well. Tired of either being completely frozen during winter, or losing 10lbs of water weight during the summer. (Dash8-100s) Pax always freaking out and complaining because it's a flying boat. (I had an American guy call us a "mosquito" on JFK ground freq. LOL)

However, passing up the 145, because it's a 50 seater is ludicrously dumb. If you want to complain about an airplane, fly a turboprop that is as old as the MD80. Or better yet, a C172!! LOL.... Be happy you at least got hired.