Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 08:38 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by mike5096 View Post
Can anybody give info on the VFR Chieftain position. I am just about to 1200 hours total time but I only have like 45 night. Does anybody know what the schedule is like, base, pay, and do you get night time? Thanks!
Pay is going to be regular PA31 pay scale. The figures here on APC are accurate.

Base is probably going to be ABQ or possibly PHX. Primary reason being that those are the bases that are most conducive to VFR flying almost all of the time.

I don't have any specifics on schedules. It would be normal customer runs from the base.

I also can't say anything to the ability to gain night time. Primarily because our Ops procedures say that we can only fly VFR at night if there is an approved VFR routing for the run. And I don't know if we have those set up for the runs the VFR pilots are on.

Our VFR pilot program is primarily set up to bring on pilots who don't meet the 1200 threshold, not necessarily night time. You would probably need to talk with one of our recruiters to get the answer to that question.