View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:29 AM
magro99
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Depends on the day

Originally Posted by HiAlpha View Post
I am a new hire as well and will be commuting from Denver (if I want to stay married). Just wondering if there is much of a difference between SFO, LAX, or ORD as far as commuting goes. I.e. I assume there are a lot of commuters/PS pax DEN-ORD. Any other considerations a new guy should be thinking about?
I've been here three years and just made it back to DEN in March. I did LAX and SFO for the last 2 years and LAX is by far the easiest commute. Wx is always good, many commuting options, not very many commuters. SFO would probably be next easiest. A LOT of commuters from DEN to widebody and 737 Capt. Seemed like 3-4+ every flight. When the wx gets bad in SFO the delays are pretty rough. I usually commuted on F9 and WN and almost always made it on. Just had to leave a little earlier in the day. ORD would be the worst commute. Wx is usually bad (TS or snow) and fewer options to commute. WN doesn't fly there and a ton of F9 guys commute on their flight so you probably would have a tough time making their flights. A fair number of our commuters on us also. Anyway, good luck and hopefully the commute will be short lived.