View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 AM
CaptCoolHand
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by OVBIII View Post
I am still in my first year at B6, and I have learned a lot from y'alls CBA discussions. While they can be heated, at least it's being discussed.
That said, I know we have all talked on here about what the CBA will do to RSV rules, and overall QOL. Once the CBA is implemented (2017?), do you see CA upgrades going to the 10 year point? I don't see them staying at the 4 year average. Thoughts?
As we take on more and more Airbus, and the group gets bigger natural progression is going to take longer. IMO, you're goIng to see initial upgrades to the bus fade into a much longer timeframe. Senior 190 guys will move over as pay increases and relative seniority goes up. I think the left seat of the 190 will continue to stay junior but 73% is amazingly low and I can't see that trend continuing esspecially post contract.

Will it go to 10, not yet, will it stay 3-4 highly doubt it. Unless there's another aircraft order the hiring will slow to a trickle after 2022. 100ish retirements/yr and bottom churn will be the only motion. Again jmo, but anyone on property today will have an opportunity to sit in the left seat in the next 5-10. Anyone hired moving forward should be prepared for FO pay scales for a long time.