Old 05-13-2016, 07:23 PM
MrStl
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by 3kids View Post
But you showed up to fly as of recently correct? So why would they inflate the wages if what they offered was good enough to put your butt in their seat? I'm guessing you fly for TSA or G7 by looking at your previous posts so im guessing the quick upgrade perked your interest also. This is another way to get people in seats. Changes in wages have happened but they wont double and triple if a 20% increase gets people to show up.
Good try but all misses. But, your point is noted as to people taking jobs at these rates. But the problem in front of us is that there are not enough people doing that and there is a reason. I think you missed my point though, which is there are plenty of pilots who won't work for these low wages. Yes, some will and the more you pay the more there will be. Wages should double or triple because that is what the market demands. These CEOs are trying to distort the market by claiming there is a shortage and asking the government to remove the current standards. The current market rate for an FO, such that supply = demand would be 75 to 80k. That would push CA pay to 115 to 125. That is about what it was for similar planes in 1982. Compare the rates for a DC9-10 for NW or Continental back then. That is not even adjusting for inflation.

Remember, friends don't let friends fly for Hulas Kanolia (TSA Gojet, Compass).