View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 02:50 PM
hindsight2020
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Center seat, doing loops to music

According to the FARs you'd be right screwed. Normally that meant going to re-take the written test. But because of the new rules in effect and since the old written rules are no longer applicable/available, it seems to imply you'd have to go through the CTP kabuki to then take the new ATP-M written, and with it in hand you can now go legally take your re-take ATP practical ride. This is indeed a new paradigm and a real kick in the junk. Since there's few folks in that situation (I am there sort of, with a written that expires at the end of June and planning on doing my practical this month), it hasn't come up. But that would surely suck.

If I were king, this cash racket DPE axe-grinding part 61 piper semenhole haze would get mil-comped yesterday. The entire premise of vetting military applicants in severly underpowered and airline equipment-irrelevant inflight engine shutdown demonstrators under the legal tutelage of instructors with less experience and airmanship than the applicants themselves, is a walking FWA.