View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler
Default MD88/737NG/757,767 opinions anyone?

Just curious what people with experience flying all of these types might say about day to day line flying with these aircraft.

The MD88/90 with non powered flight controls, grabby brakes and a cockpit design directly related to its Type Certificate being issued in 1962 looks like a handful to train in and fly.

The 737, even the new generation, might have the same issues due to commonality with its earlier Certificate.

The 757/767/767-400 and even the 777 appear to hold to a single Boeing design philosophy and way of doing things. From the articles I've read they are straightforward, responsive and real pilots' airplanes.

As a guy who lives in domicile and who used to bid reserve anyway just to get some weekends off, I'm trying to decide if it is worth bidding something that I will be on reserve on for the rest of this decade and part of next - or flying the MD88 with middle seniority in a year.