View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 05:49 PM
GangtaMoose
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
They had to design the airplane that way so low-time new hires paired with brand new ATPs wouldn't kill themselves and their passengers.
oh but they did. several carriers thrust idle open descended straight into the ground and killed people.

Originally Posted by ColdWhiskey View Post
Yes, there are many different ways, and I am continually amazed when I see ones used that don't make the most sense to me.

One is how often I see someone descending using an autopilot mode that is resulting in engine power being added (V/S mode with a value selected that results in needed engine power, with the associated 'Speed' FMA), and at the same time using speed brakes.

This is no different than driving a car with one foot on the gas while wanting to slow down, and using the other foot to push the brake.

I'm not at all suggesting this is you, just noting that I see it often.
Originally Posted by Chimpy View Post
I've never seen that horrible technique.....

Well, I have with one guy. Liked to finger fukc the FCU and constant switch modes and adjust CI. Was horribly uncomfortable, lol

this is what happens when you have 2 yr upgrades. guys in the right seat just arent seeing different methods and techniques enough and then go to the left seat. if you are already a capt and you haven't seen someone do that then you weren't fo long enough.