View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Deez340
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Just curious what people with experience flying all of these types might say about day to day line flying with these aircraft.

The MD88/90 with non powered flight controls, grabby brakes and a cockpit design directly related to its Type Certificate being issued in 1962 looks like a handful to train in and fly.

The 737, even the new generation, might have the same issues due to commonality with its earlier Certificate.

The 757/767/767-400 and even the 777 appear to hold to a single Boeing design philosophy and way of doing things. From the articles I've read they are straightforward, responsive and real pilots' airplanes.

As a guy who lives in domicile and who used to bid reserve anyway just to get some weekends off, I'm trying to decide if it is worth bidding something that I will be on reserve on for the rest of this decade and part of next - or flying the MD88 with middle seniority in a year.
the maddog is funner than a barrel of monkeys. with its FMS and "digital" (i use the term loosely) flight guidance system it's as though someone bolted a Commodore64 onto a 57' Chevy. i would trade seniority for aircraft type any day. but as you can tell i have. i could hold much more but with PBS seniority means more than ever.