View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Flyboyxc91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Captain CL-65

Hello everyone, currently I am very seriously considering the best aircraft ownership option given the market and overhead cost for operating an airplane based on 25 hours a month in addition to my full time job instructing.

I've put in motion a rough estimate as to the operating costs and fixed costs and have come up to conclude I could offee tailwheel endorsement and time build services at roughly $50 an hour in a Cessna 140.

I'm currently looking for someone to help me fly the aircraft back to Phoenix from Louisiana. I WILL PAY FOR Our hotel, outside of that you can buy your airline ticket and we will split fuel... This is a time build in itself back to Phoenix for frankly pennies on the dollar and I'm offering it to have another competent pilot with me over the duration and to help with costs. You'll be getting approximately 15-20 hours of cross country time for an extremely cheap cost over two or three days most likely. The plane burns 5-6 GPH so outside of an airline ticket you're going to fly very cheap and it will be a lot of fun dodging tornado alley.

After the trip the plane will be used for time building in the area.

Anyone interested in the tailwheel adventure that you don't need to spend $2,000 to get going and get some the cheapest time you can find anywhere let me know.

Happy Flying.