Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 AM
thrufru
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Combatcraig View Post
Any Poolies from the 4/12 interview group get a class date yet?
Hey man, I was in the 4/12 interview group and I got the email Wednesday, too. I was called at 0745 Thursday morning. He told me that I was the "Owl". I know two others who were called as well. Fortunately, one of them is older than me, so I'm no longer going to have to fulfill that role. The other one, had to defer.

Answering earlier questions: I've got about a dozen former colleagues at JetBlue from the company I'm leaving, they're all great guys and strong, capable pilots (I've flown with all of them). Every one of them wrote me letters of rec and spoke to guys involved with the recruiting and interviewing process. I also made connections when jump seating. Additionally I've spoken to JetBlue pilots and recruiters at several career fairs over the past few years. Networking takes time, energy, and persistence. Adding the favors that I called in, it finally worked out. In regards to the qualifications question an earlier poster asked, I'm a newly minted 737 captain (charter) with 5200 tt, the gentleman that I made friends with at the interview (the owl) is a National Guard guy (not sure of his hours) and the young woman that had to defer was a multi-thousand hour captain that was just finishing her quals as a Check Airman at Mesa.

Last edited by thrufru; 05-21-2016 at 07:54 AM.