View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Scoop

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
I did not make this a junior/senior issue. What I asaw in the post about 'young guys coming on board and having resolve' is chilling to me as an older guy. They have the world by the balls right now, and it will be easy to **** the senoior group going forward. 14 month mainline captains. Good for them. Timing is everything. resolve BY them to be 'made whole' will still not restore my pension nor fund my retitrement and I still fail to see where they have been harmed in all of this. yup. THEY can wait. Truth be told, so can I but from what I have seen many in my peer group cannot. But I guess they don't matter.

Fire away

Nothing to fire at - I agree with you. If you were not here there is nothing to "regain." I don't blame junior guys for not wanting to continue down the path of "unlocking value" and trading QOL for pay. I do not blame the senior guys leaving in 2-4 years for voting yes.

There are however plenty of guys who were here, who lost everything you did who voted no. As we all know it went down in flames by 2-1. Plenty of your contemporaries do not see it exactly as you do.

This is the needle the NC will to thread - get enough of a total compensation increase to have it strongly ratified.

Scoop