View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Treehorn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
Pilot's opinions about ideal flight schedules are like armpits ; Everybody has two and they all stink (except mine!).

Ideally, our next contract will have no "set" number of days "owed" to the company. Some pilots like to spend time at home and would rather work for min guarantee 10 days a month and some would like to go out for twenty days to make tuition money or the boat payment. Atlas, unfortunately, does not give you any options like this.

Schedules are but one of the many items that we need to address in our next contract. Personally, I have never used Pref Bidding but I think it would be a much better system for Atlas on a number of levels, including time efficiency and cost savings for the company. But, whether we move back to Preferential Bidding or keep Line Bidding in place, improvements must happen.

Now, if we can only get the cowards to show up at the negotiating table, we could get one step closer to that goal.

I'm familiar with pref bid and as long as the bidding system that is used is good, it can be a great improvement. On the other hand you have Continental's pbs.

What I'm not familiar with is mediation. What prevents the company from dragging their feet during the NMB chaperoned negotiations?