Old 05-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Skyooopilot791
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: Boeing 737 FO

If I were you and I was a few years ago I would go with any job that is a no contract deal. I know way to many people who get f@#$ by those kinds of deals. I mean hell Miami air has a contract that is only 18000 and that is a 737. So them saying 30k I would pass that up without a second thought. And for sure not Miami air either. I have a friend making crap for pay because he wanted to skip the regionals and now he is stuck there.

If I was you I would stay at your tech job and get the money for a cfi and here is why. Let's say you take a job and **** hits the fan and lose it, if you have a cfi license you have options for other work. And if you end up being good friends withe owner or some of your students it will help you get a job quicker. If you also do a cfi license, it will make you a stronger pilot. I did it for 3 years...

Start by reading the books and teach yourself to save some money. When I was teaching new cfis I would have them ride in the back if the student was cool with it for free and get on the job training. Etc there are ways to get the cfi done cheaper and get great experience that help you in the long run.

But again I would not sign a contract for any flying. Not at their pay either...