View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 08:03 PM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by 271c View Post
Any idea what equipment a new hire bidding ORD might get right now/in the coming weeks? Lots of discussion about the DFW 175 and such on here, but as I'll probably be one of the few bidding ORD it sounds like, I'm just curious if there are there pros and cons to the 145 vs. 700 for a new guy? Are there more turns per trip in the 145, and does this make a big difference to you guys? Is reserve time comparable on the two aircraft -- just read above that 145 is five months.. similar for 700?

To be clear -- I'm happy to be coming aboard, no matter what I fly, just trying to get a feel for things.
CRJ have longer flights, but overnights are usually on the same place. The e-145 have more legs but more variety of overnights and more places to go. You will be used more in the 145 than in the CRJ while on RSV. I usually fly 8 to 10 legs in 4 day, in the 145 you could fly 12+ flights. I've flown only 5 legs in one sequence in the last 12 months.

CRJ is better plane, E-145 is better jet to learn. The E-145 can fly slow, easier to slow down and land. The CRJ wants to go fast, doesn't want to slow down and land is more trickier.

I've flown both, I'm glad I started in the 145. Also as we keep upgrading the CRJ list should move faster.