View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 09:00 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
Give me the 145 any day of the week. I flew both airplanes and I would pick the 145 no questions asked.

His description is spot on but I would add a couple more. The heating in the CRJ is terrible. It sucks really bad when you have to preflight in the snow when it's below zero and the wind is 30knots. Also, the location of the PTT button is in a really awkward position on the CRJ.
true, PTT switch on the 145 is way better lol. No argument there. That is the only thing I like better.. and I guess I like the 145 overhead panel better and auto anti-ice system. 145 overhead is simpler and is more logical with the dark cockpit concept instead of switches everywhere. From a CA seat the perspective is also different. The 145 tiller is a huge piece of junk, it's awkward and jerky. CRJ's drives effortless on the ground. The 145 APU is broke a lot more often than the CRJ for some reason. The CRJ in general is broke down a lot more often than the EMB though. CRJ is very sensitive and regularly has minor electrical issues.

The EMB FMS you can program for a flight in about 1 minute and it is extremely simple to learn. The CRJ FMS has a lot more steps and inputs and takes longer to learn. But, it gives you a lot more information as well once you figure it all out. The extra display on the CRJ dash is also nice with the synoptic pages showing all your systems visually.

The E175 pretty much combined the best of both planes. It's like a more advanced nicer hybrid of the two.

Last edited by RyanP; 05-25-2016 at 09:14 PM.