Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 PM
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

I was at Cape Air for one year. I went in as a Captain and for my situation, at the time, it was a good move. I did have a lot of fun there and it is great experience. I have since moved onto a jet regional and cant complain. Since I left, three years ago, 9K has gone way downhill.

They are severely short stafffed on Captains and they have over extended themselves - BIG TIME. If they hadnt taken on this idiotic Montana EAS crap they MIGHT have been okay. They would certainly be in a much better position today.

With the ATP rule and needing 1500 to go anywhere, Cape Airs survival is predicated on FOs and those FOs upgrading. There is no reason at all to go to Cape when you can go to any jet regional right now. This is exactly what is happpening there now. They are barely getting any CAs so they hire tons of FOs because thats all they really can do.

As for the 30k training bond, that makes me sick. That is absolutely ASININE. This is a Cessna 402 - not a 74. I mean ***. Any FO going to Cape and signing that needs their head examined.

While I did have fun, for my one year, and it was great experience, I cannot recommend Cape Air to anyone at the moment.