View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 05:13 AM
MD11Drvr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: Back in the DC-10

Originally Posted by Xtreme87 View Post
I took the test, passed, never got called. Pretty annoying because I actually took a good amount of time to study. Never bothered to call back, and short time after that, a better gig came along. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise that they didn't call me.
Similar thing happened to me. I took the test, called a month later to update information and confirm all was in order. A chorus of crickets for 8 months. A friend on the seniority list decided to take up my cause and was like a dog with a bone and would not let it go until he was able to find out why I had not gotten a call. I am eternally grateful to this person for his tenacity. As it turned out there was no reason for the crickets and best guess was they lost my package. I was sent another assessment invite took test and got an interview and class date within days. I think HR in Purchase is simply overwhelmed with all the hiring going on. As I understand their day to day has increased in substantial ways without the commensurate increase in staffing. Do more with less has its victims. I would say keep trying or find someone who will Bulldog your resume in. Of course only if you're still interested. If something has worked out better then good on you since if you have chosen aviation as a career you've likely earned a lucky break in your favor. Good Luck...