View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 09:01 AM
Da40Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
For those of us waiting for class, can you give a quick summary of what they are working on?

FYI- as part of my study for the new hire test, I used some Delta test gouge. A lot of the questions were the same ones in the Delta gouge. so I'm wondering what you mean when you say in order to have a Delta flow the new hire test needs to be like Delta. IMHO it already is.
If you're new to Compass, this info is for you:

The 50 question ATP style knowledge test you did is not the official 100 question Delta job knowledge test most of us hired pre-summer 2015 had to do. Your test is a much more more simplified version of the original.

The hiring process at Compass became more "free for all" and less selective the moment the need for the 3 Delta tests was removed. This was due to 2 reasons; one being that Compass needed to hire a ton of pilots and too many were failing this initial test phase (a few of them failed it when I interviewed and were sent home) and the other reason being that Compass wanted to be able to offer people a job on the spot when the recruiters were on tour without the need for them to have to send these people to MSP for the 3 tests (I guess it just turned people away).

The 3 tests consisted of a cognitive, a psych test and the Delta knowledge test and your pass/fail was weighed as a median across all 3 tests.

These 3 tests are exact tests that are given to Delta interviewees on Day 1, and since we were exclusively with Delta for so long that offer was unofficially on the table and was always used as a marketing tool by recruiters.

This is the reason why some may still be entitled to the guaranteed interview while some may not.