Old 06-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Mr Rumbold
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by cbrittle View Post
I'm part of the 3/31/2016 class at Mesa (still in training) and wanted to respond to comments made here. Appologize for the random responses...just wanting to keep it brief.

The Mesa training staff has been nothing but supportive to our class giving sufficient time to digest course material and study time. High marks in my book.

We have a wide variety of students. From military pilots to CFI's that haven't flown anything but 172's (except to obtain ratings). My experience has been awesome. I look forward to being in PHX and class when away because of the friends and comradery.

To date I have completed: Indoc and test, CTP and ATP written, systems and test. In 2 weeks I have my oral and begin FTP and sims. So far Mesa has done everything possible to make me successful.

Please remember the airline business is a very tough business, some would say terrible business. It's a tough business because of the whim of the economy, intense competition, cost of capital equipment, fuel and is very labor intensive (pilots, mechanics and FA's). Throw in that we are sub-contractors to mainline and.....

I encourage all to do your very best. Look and act professional (do you need to loose weight?) and have an attitude that a company want's more of, not less. Be conversational and creative in your new employment endeavors...don't rely on your young age, flying hours and pilot skills. And remember, you never know who is riding in the crew or parking lot shuttle bus with you. It could be a decision maker or influencer.

Just a few thoughts. Want nothing but the best for all of you.

From an old businessman living the dream.

How about being professional and spelling LOSE properly?