Thread: Network growth
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 06:18 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
That's precisely why monetizing PS makes sense. PS was a bone given to us when we took pay cuts to avoid BK. Well that didn't work. Now that we are in a position to increase our pay, I'd give them back some PS for some pay rate improvements, particularly if its 3%-4% in pay for each % of PS.

Top end scope, let's look at that. By voting no we conceded that Delta US-UK EASKs would be counted against us in the AF/KLM/AZ JV. The last I checked, AF/KLM/AZ don't fly between the US-UK. Why is it a good thing to count all of those DAL EASKs in the US-UK market? And before you go to EASKs are better than BH, that is only true in a growing market. When downsizing happens, we get crushed by it. Gauge protection, we have that in section 1R, which pertains to all international twin aisle flying, not just in Section 1P.

I also thought preventing the company from plastering the Delta livery and brand on foreign carriers without any permission at all was an improvement, as was getting control language in the contract to prevent an affiliate shell game with international partners.

Bottom end scope. By voting no we conceded enough of a block hour ratio that the company could drive the entire MD88 fleet through. That's right, by conceding the BH ratio by voting no, we are allowing the company the flexibility to park a fleet of narrow body airplanes as large as the MD88 fleet and still be in compliance. Raising the BH ratio to 1.81 protected far more jobs than any perceived losses for a handful of 76-seat jets, or the BH boogeyman argument about the loss of transatlantic widebody flying. One last thing, the no vote also conceded furlough protection for over a thousand Delta pilots, protection that saved us from furlough during the economic melt down in 2008.

PS- Sucker insurance. You already admitted that we are losing money by not taking 3-5 percent in more pay for each percent of PS that was on the table.

Sick Leave: We didn't lose a single hour of that benefit in the TA, just a handful of days that most of us don't use anyways would be subject to verification. But by voting no we conceded income offset to disability payments, we conceded 60 days of full pay for FAA leave and we allowed them to continue to count sick leave hours against our threshold when we are out for over two weeks.

Productivity concessions: Yep, LCA pulls. I'd rather have a better bid packages for all pilots with RCC oversight, I'd rather have greater flexibility to manage my schedule by creating a realistic reserve required formula, I'd rather have greater transparency in vacation bidding, I'd rather have the ability to better manage my vacation days. I'd rather have better reroute language that doesn't give the company a pass for mechanicals.
You still don't get it. Were there a few nuggets in the failed TA? Yes, or it would have never gotten out of the negotiating room.

The point is there was not(nearly)Enuf. All the gains you tout are still attainable, are they not? Your peers, 2 to 1, have told you in this unprecedented time in Delta's history we not only expect restoration of 12 year old pay rates but a return on our investment. The tremendous investment was extracted by our current CEO multiple times on a promise of future rewards. The pilots saved this company from oblivion and a hostile takeover attempt. How has he faired since? Further investment was made when we executed a nearly flawless merger now seen as the industries best ever and put Delta on top of the industry in operational performance.

We are justified in our choice to continue negotiations. You failed to listen to the voice of the pilots and thought a sales job and fear campaign would get the vote you desperately needed. Shame on you.

You will probably never accept your failure, but it might give you peace to admit the failure and move on. Good luck, the lack of acceptance a year later only makes me have pity for you. It's over, find a way to move on for your own sanity.

Last edited by notEnuf; 06-03-2016 at 07:03 PM.