Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 08:44 AM
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
The closer and closer this big summer accouncement is "supposed" to come, the more I'm certain it will be that we don't have to carry the jepps anymore. Just figured I would save y'all the disappointment too.
That won't be it. MP even brought that up awhile back when I was talking to him about my Corp dilemma. He said it will be Q3/Q4 and it will only be when whatever it is is 100 signed for and legally binding. They will not be pulling Delta again. That was embarrassing.

He said there is a lot of opportunity out there, both for larger planes and even sticking with the 200s. Time will tell, but we do offer a good product.

My thoughts are this. Regionals as we know them are going away. Delta and United are already on record and planning for it, down the road. With that being said, they will hang onto this model for as long as physically possible. Despite how "expensive" we are, I have a hard time imagining any airline letting 700+ pilots go. We are still immensely cheaper than they can do it themselves. Also given how dismal hiring is going at both PSA and PDT (Envoy sounds slightly better with hiring) good luck.

If the AA WOs started hiring massive numbers, I could make an argument that they could, indeed, cover what we do now, but that's not the case. How many 145s is PDT supposed to be running in PHL now? A hell of a lot more than the 2 that I never see move off the gate.