Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by BeechedJet View Post
My nomination today is a Skywest pilot today who bumped me from the JS as I was trying to commute to work. Now normally I understand these situations, people get bumped all the time and the plane was her own equipment. To be completely fair she had all the right for that seat. Thats was all fine and dandy until she saw me standing at the gate and asked me if I listed...What comes around goes around.
So you're making a threat? She had every right to the JS on her OWN metal. Not only is jumpseating a privilege, you've got to understand that offline jumpseaters are DEAD LAST in priority behind EVERY category of non-rev. If there's a seat in back, great. Apparently there wasn't or she would have given up the cockpit jumpseat.

Originally Posted by BeechedJet View Post
To have someone smile at me and say sorry I have a party to go to so good luck figuring out how else to get to work... Well that's on a different level.
Why? Going to work isn't a silver bullet, especially if you're offline. Sounds to me like you didn't plan an appropriate number of backups to make your checkin time. YOUR BAD. Prior planning prevents poor performance.

And complaining about your bad planning makes you an automatic candidate for TOTD.