Thread: LOA Results
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
HerkyBird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

One more thing ... I am thoroughly unimpressed with the significance of a majority vote when it's composed of pilots who have absolutely zero intention of EVER bidding to relocate to an FDA. That's like taking a "what's your favorite sex position" survey in a convent, isn't it? It doesn't really mean a thing. We'd have had an entirely different outcome if there had been this caveat at the top of the ballot: "Be advised that a YES vote will constitute a change to your standing bid, and by voting YES, you will have committed to bidding an FDA. A pilot voting YES will have 15 days from the close of the vote to designate the FDA of choice."

THEN, my friends, you would have seen an entirely different outcome. For one thing, the knee-jerk (or just lazy) vote would have been "NO", and for another, the literacy level of the crew force on the provisions of the LOA would have been stratospheric. What we had was a "YES" vote by a bunch of people who really don't give a shee-yit because they're not going there, and "if the union says it's a good deal, it must be, right?". So don't point to the numbers as somehow legitimizing this. I could easily vote for each of you to donate your left nut to science, and I wouldn't lose any sleep on it, either.