View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM
In2theBlue
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Smile

Im an ex Eagle guy. Was at Eagle for like 3.5 years and was on RSV the entire time, it was miserable. I left for a decent corporate gig, homebased, and Captain. It just isn't really for me though and I want to be back at an airline. I want my career to end at American so I started to look around at all the flows. Im fully aware of all the kool aid that goes around within the regional industry and I would like to think I'm smart enough not to drink it but I gotta ask....A recruiter told me that new hire to AA is about 4.5 years, they are calling it 5 to be safe. Is this true?? Also, you can bid Captain right of out of training? I couldn't care less about the 15k sign on, to be honest, I hated that they started doing that when I was at Eaglevoy. Im more concerned about the growth and flow capability at PDT. I would be taking a huge paycut and massive QOL cut, but I want to be at AA and if the flow is at 5 years, that would put me at 33 years old with a promising career. Just wanted some current PDT guys 2 cents..thanks guys