View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 04:25 PM
MKUltra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Professional Eugoogoolizer at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good

Originally Posted by In2theBlue View Post
Im an ex Eagle guy. Was at Eagle for like 3.5 years and was on RSV the entire time, it was miserable. I left for a decent corporate gig, homebased, and Captain. It just isn't really for me though and I want to be back at an airline. I want my career to end at American so I started to look around at all the flows. Im fully aware of all the kool aid that goes around within the regional industry and I would like to think I'm smart enough not to drink it but I gotta ask....A recruiter told me that new hire to AA is about 4.5 years, they are calling it 5 to be safe. Is this true?? Also, you can bid Captain right of out of training? I couldn't care less about the 15k sign on, to be honest, I hated that they started doing that when I was at Eaglevoy. Im more concerned about the growth and flow capability at PDT. I would be taking a huge paycut and massive QOL cut, but I want to be at AA and if the flow is at 5 years, that would put me at 33 years old with a promising career. Just wanted some current PDT guys 2 cents..thanks guys
Feel free to pm me... We're flowing seniority number 100s right now.. New hires are seniority number 450+... We are flowing 3 a month right now, If they can get 475 we flow 4 a month.. And at 600 we flow 5 per month.. The attrition rate is really up there.. I moved up almost 70 spots in a year and now have 150 behind me. Not a bad place for a person with a little bit more than a year on property.

We have quite a few retirements in the next 2 years as well.. Probably a group of 30 senior guys will be out in 2 more years.. Some are out on medical and not going to come back.. We still have a very senior group of pilots at pdt.

PDT is planning 200 new hires by year end... I don't know if that possible.... But seniority is everything and if you want to get to american through the flow.. Every month you wait delays getting there exponentially.