View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 06:35 AM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by The701Express View Post
Oh Bubba, who let you out of the JetBlue thread?

Come on back, CaptCoolHand and Flyby1206 are worried sick about you!

Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan View Post
Lots of rumors about JB and Hawaiian or even Delta. I dont see that happening. There will be many government hurdles to get around. Hawaiians do things very differently than the mainland and losing their airline to a Delta or JB is a huge blow to that island. Many powerful people I dont think will let that happen atleast on Obama's watch. Obama has a strong connection with Hawaii and their state Gov. and many over there dont want to see their airline lost to a buyout. May be wrong, but my guess is IF it ever happened it would not be approved.
The only way that Hawaiian/JB would work is with a holding company so both brands can be maintained separately.

Both would retain their current HQ and mgmt structures. Separate operating certificates and seniority lists (but create a mechanism for employees to transfer between them). Even with all this, it is a tough job to make it work and debatable if it is even financially viable.

The DOT wouldn't have any grounds to deny a merger of the two. They only care about slot controlled airports and managing those markets. There isn't any overlap between the two carriers.