View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Birddog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Pilots of Local Council 171,

My name is Captain Chuck Cummins, and I ask for your support as Captain Representative of United ALPA Council 171. The circumstances resulting in this special election are tragic and untimely. The premature passing of Captain Jeff Bohl has generated a significant void for Council 171. While expected that such a significate loss be upsetting, reality is that Council 171 must move forward and continue the day to day business of pilot advocacy and involvement.

I was hired at Continental Airlines in 1990. I am currently based in IAH as a B737 Captain and have held that position in excess of 11 years. Additionally, I have operated the B747, DC-10, DC-9 and MD-80 aircraft. My involvement with ALPA is significant in that I was CAL ALPA Training Committee Chairman 2005-2008 and CAL then UAL ALPA Safety Committee/Action Team Member 2008-2013.

My desire to be the IAH/LC 171 Captain Representative comes from a single driving force; to advocate for the 171 Pilots! During the time I did ALPA volunteer work, I received numerous calls from Pilots who either had questions regarding contract interpretation or concerns regarding operational/safety circumstances. It is during those calls and resulting circumstances when having a results-driven advocate on your side means everything. Currently, there are several topics that have a potential to concern the IAH/LC 171 Pilots. These issues include but are not limited to the RHA VEBA, Scheduling and Retirement. If elected LC 171 Captain Representative, you have my word that I will address these issues at the July, 2016 MEC Meeting and report back to you my discoveries and conclusions.

In reality the Captain Representative speaks the minds of the Pilot body. The Captain Representative must be knowledgeable of the issues that concern the Pilots and have the fortitude to address those issues, with results. My past record of pilot advocacy proves my willingness to serve with honesty, integrity and transparency. I live locally and will represent you unconditionally! I ask that you complete your nomination ballot with my name, Chuck Cummins, and mail it immediately. Should you have further questions about my candidacy, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Respectfully,

Captain Chuck Cummins